Many of you must already know how to make a bootable USB stick.But to make a multiple bootable USB stick is quite interesting right?! So today we are going to see how to make a multiple bootable USB Stick. But before getting into it lets first take a quick look on how to make bootable USB Drive with just one iso image.
- A USB stick with about 8 GB storage capacity.
- An iso image (any operating system).
- Finally a software called Rufus.
Once you have all those in place we are good to go.
Steps To Create Bootable USB stick
- Double click rufus icon and you will be presented with the software interface.
- Now connect your USB stick and you should be able to see your USB show up in the Device field in rufus.
- Select the partition scheme and target system type according to your system.If not sure,let it be as it is.
- Select the file system type and leave rest as it is.
Now go down to a little icon looking like a cd above a drive. Click that icon and select the iso image and press start button. Finally, after few minutes your bootable USB stick should be ready to use.
Now lets make a multiboot USB drive.
Creating Multiboot USB Drive
- A USB stick with about 8 GB or more if you have plans to make more than two iso image bootable.
- All the needed iso images.
- And a software called :
- XBoot or
These are one of the best softwares to use for now. So, let’s take a look at them one by one.
XBoot is a Windows based application that can be used to create a Live Multiboot USB. XBoot supports many Linux Distributions and Utilities, and allows you to use your choice of a Grub or Syslinux bootloader. It also includes a built in QEMU emulator which enables you to boot an ISO from within Windows. Follow the steps below to make Multiboot USB :
- Download XBoot software and run it.
- Drag and Drop iso images into the XBoot software.
- Now select Create USB.
- Select your USB Drive from the drop down list.
- Select the BootLoader you want to use and click ok.
Now you will see your iso images getting copied and once done your MultiBoot USB Drive should be ready to use.
YUMI (Your Universal Multiboot Integrator) works same like Universal USB Installer, except it can be used to install more than one distribution to run Live from your USB. You can uninstall the distributions using the same tool as well. Follow the steps below to make it Bootable :
- Download YUMI software and run it.
- Select your USB Device and select the distribution name.
- In step 3, browse your iso image and hit create button, it will prompt that it is ready to perform following actions, just hit yes and it will start the process to creat bootable USB.
- Once done it will ask you if you want to add more ISO/DISTROS, press yes or no as you need.
- Click Finish once complete.
Now your USB Device should be ready to use. Just plug it into your computer and select boot option as USB and you will be presented with the Installer Boot loader.
Thats all in this article. Stay tuned for more useful topics.